I got some splainin’ to doooo Lucy!

FleurLSU

Ok,

I guess i have some catching up to do. Due to my less that perfect knowledge about how these blog tags and comments work, I seem to have left out a couple of comments and tags my Cheekie monkey has left me:(sorry)! I will attempt to complete these since she has done the and so graciously asked to to join! Forgive me if I do not come across as wordily as My Honey, but she is a far better writer than I. I tend to think, and do! (most of the times, and sometimes not in that order, but I am pretty sure i can manage! LOL!

First order of business is from the tag left quite a few days ago:

 

1. What is the first pet you remember? Well, I dont remember a name, but my mom and i lived in Baton rouge on Government street. I think I was around 3 years old. She didnt have much means to accomadate my desires for and animal. But i was surprised with a cute bunny! The thing was crazy in roamed amd played, but strangest of all, it would get on the side of the tub while you bathed, and i guess really contemplated, do i want in there or not. Well my mom drew my bath one evening, and when I went in to take a bath the poor bunny had fallen into the tub. He was moving and swimming, when my mom got him out. Eventually he passed within the day! Dunno why, didnt understand at the time!

2.How many pets have you owned?  10 species in my lifetime:
2 snakes (garter, King) 2 rabbits, 6 birds, 2 ducklings, 1 baby chick, 1 ferret, 5 cats, numerous turtles, numerous fish: and as for dogs, I had five in the maturing years and beginning of our marrige. Our 6th was pepper, he became part of our family, Our 7th –9th were and are our puppy kiddies:(no matter how old they are our puppy kiddies) Elizah, Belle, and Lexi!

3. What was you strangest pet? I guess it would be the turtles, I started catching the for pets in the concrete Water drainage systems in Baton Rouge, the the little salesman in me found out that there was a demand for the red eared green turtles at the pet shop. From the on I caught them and sold them to a hobby shop on Florida Blvd. that was until my mom made me quit because the smell of turtles on the back patio in an aquarium wasnt too great! LOL

4.What was you dream pet? I’m with honey on this one, the thought never crossed my mind. Now I have then: our Puppy Kids!

5.What is you nightmare pet? None really, although I wouldnt want to care for an alligator much longer than when he was little!

6.What is you funniest pet story! We had a African grey parrot when i was younger. It was very curious. My mom had an old hall tree from my grandma right inside the door. Whenever someone would come over and visit, if they were standing near the hall tree, the bird would fly over and rest on their head, look into the mirror and start dancing. Needless to say we had to keep the bird up when company was around. we lived in an apartment complex. i opened the door to check the mail( in those days the box was built in the wall right outside your door): when I did out the bird went,never to be seen again.

7.What is you saddest pet story? I also have to agree(partly) with my honey. It was the passing of our Yorkie :Elizah” We were worried, scared to death then out to peace, knowing of his whereabouts. The (partly) is because I would never blame my honey! he did begin to have a terrible incontinence problem! When we put him outside he was placed in a gated yard with a picket fence. Being such a well behaved animal, i would have never thought he would try and roam. It goes to show us that no matter how much we love them or treat them differently, they are different, and he obviously decided he wanted to go check something out( Prolly a prospective girlfriend) We both ;love him and miss him!

8.did you ever have a scary animal experience? Only once. We were at our camp. i had walked down the road to visit with a friend. Along the way, unbeknownst to me, one of the neighbors had guests that had Bull Mastiff / Boxer mix dogs there. 2 of them. They came at me, I never broke stride, just kind of kept walking looking ahead, thinking oh crap! My buddy Byron came out with a shotgun, and yelled at the owners to get their dog back or he would take care of them! Whew, they came running and pinned them up!

9. What was you favorite pet? it would have to be our last three dogs and our 2 rescue cats from hurricane Katrina. I guess the older I get, the more softhearted I do as well.

10. What do you want to tell us about pets that doesn't fit into the other questions? Not much really. It pretty much sums it all up!  Except, Everyone need to know we have some spoiled little puppy girls. They are the best and deserve it!

 

Next!

Honorees list 10 thing about themselves- and – make it interesting! Even if we have to dig deep! Second Pass it on to 7 bloggers.

1. My Cheekie Monkey and I are honest to god soul mates. We were destined for marrige the moment we met! I cherish the day our paths crossed.

2.My life has been a rollercoaster ride. Turbulent times from single parents, adolescence mischief, that lead to nothing but trouble. All of the types of thing that one would think would lead to a path of destruction.

3.Number 2, brings me here. Early on I learned though tough love that although it may not be comfortable to be given the things you want, there is a reason in the end. There were a combination of people who taught me lessons in life, be it through happenstance, or education, either way, i greatly adore all of them. (My Father, Pawpaw, Mom, all grandparents,and the list goes on…) Most importantly ,16 years ago, a piece of moral fiber was sewn into my life. That was my wife and all the morals and family structure it brought. Dont get me wrong I appreciate every day of my life, because I always had someone in it who loved and attempted to guide me. in some cases, I did not indulge!LOL

4.I was a trumpet player in lower elementary schools. Jazz, Concert, and Marching ensembles. I really enjoyed that!

5.After one of my adolescence mischief misdirection's, I was reviled of my ability(so to say) to stay in the East Baton rouge school system! It was then that my mom sent me to live with my father! Can you say discipline? That what I needed. it may have taken a while, and a few states to start getting it through my thick skull, but eventually it started to soak in.

6.I love my wife more than life it self. We are best friends! it appalls me to see the way some men ,(and women) treat their spouses! When i took a vow before god and a few friends and family. It was to ensure that I was going to make sure that our household was my responsibility, even if that meant I had to change to do so! We are a work in progress, and all the art in the world  is lucky, we will never complete our project: because it would simply be the most beautiful thing ever seen!

7.I proudly served my country in the Us Army! Through peace and war times I valued my place in our military. from the discipline of the drill instructors at Basic,to the job skills that we learned. I was honored to be and instructor at the armor School for Army, Marines and officer entry level training in Ft. Knox: Serve during Panama, and Operation Desert Storm. I can honestly say I enjoyed the time and travelling i got to do in the military, but my departure was crucial. That being said, it was because, a short time after i returned home, I met my lovely Wife!

8.I am a full grown kid! We can’t have children, but God has other plans, this I believe in the fullest! We have had the opportunity to see the things we may have been chosen for already! Sometimes a family member has needed us, and we were there. There have been times when my wife needed my special attention, and i was able to devote it to her, so all be it a bump i the road that was unforeseen, we have used it to the best of our ability. Plus as I stated in the beginning of this statement I will never stop being a kid! Age is a state of mind, and I live in Louisiana, when it comes to states we are always the last to know, I guess that means i will never realize when I begin to turn old. LOL!

9. DISNEYWORLD!!!

Can that be one topic. I think so! I think it is the most Magical place on earth. I still tear up every time we have to leave the Magic Kingdom, even though I know we will return every year.

10. I am thankful to have been blessed with with re-uniting with one of my wife’s friends from school and their family! They have really played an influential role in the last couple of years of our lives! Thanks, T-n-T & Family!

11.I know it was ten, But i got side tracked, so here is the Last but not least for sure. Saved for last because it encompasses the being of all success and life! FAMILY! I know my wife blogs regularly about family. I want to re-iterate the importance of being one unit. The whole population with this special day happening tomorrow wants a miraculous change to happen! CHANGE! That the acronym used by our president elect, Barack Obama. Change indeed. We all need to see that is is needed. Lots of folks overlook the importance of the word. I truly believe that in order for us to be able to allow a significant CHANGE in our society, it has to start at home. If your Family life is solid, then each other little detail will begin to follow. unfortunately its hard to see and understand, because we can only impact directly our own families. dont get me wrong, I am one of the most competitive people you’ll meet. But Keep your family life straight, and your work will follow. I my profession (sales) it is important to always present yourself to others with enthusiasm, whether you know them or not. It may be the next dollar you make, or the next life you CHANGE!

 

Thanks You Cheekie Monkey for sending these Tags, They were fun, and enlightening! Unfortunately I dont have seven blog followers to send them to, so I am sure you can help me out there!

I LOVE YOU!!!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Comments

Jeauxdi said…
you are MY LIFE! What lovely word came from your heart! I love you!
Jeauxdi said…
YOu have done so well I left you ANOTHER award! =0)


XOXO